There was a time when I could eat non-veg everyday. But from the time I fell pregnant, I craved for veg food. So everyday we had veg food at home. To make up for it, I used to treat my husband on Sundays to non-veg. Not that he was fussy about it; it made me feel good as I know he likes his non-veg.
This is something I made about a month back when our friends were over for an simple, informal lunch. Ofcourse there were other items as well.
10 to 12 Eggs boiled, shelled and incisions made (you can halve the eggs as well.)
2 Onions - finely chopped
12 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
1.5 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tsp Chilli Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
2 tsp Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
15 - 20 Curry Leaves
Salt to Taste
- Add oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the Mustard and Cumin Seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the Curry Leaves and fry for a min.
- Now add the Onions and fry till they turn brown.
- Add the Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the Chopped Tomatoes and fry until the masala comes together.
- Add the Chilli, Coriander, Cumin and Turmeric Powders and mix well.
- You can add half cup water at this stage if the curry is too dry.
- Add eggs and boil to desired consistency.
- Serve with Roti or Rice or Pulao.