Tuesday 29 March 2011

Kothmira Annam / Coriander Rice

I finally planted my herbs on Thursday. The pots are sitting near the garden door in my kitchen. It will take about 2 weeks to get the saplings I suppose. I'll keep you updated on this part.

Time changed on Sunday so we "lost" an hour. We are on summer time now. I don't know why they change the time though.

This is one of the first dishes I tried out from Sailu's Food. I've tried a lot of other recipes from her blog ever since and everything I make is a hit. They are all on my "To Blog" list.
This is another dish I hadn't prepared in a long time. I tweaked it a teeny weeny bit from Sailu's blog to our taste and my convinience. Here's my version:



Ingredients:
1.5 cups rice, washed and soaked in water for half an hour and drained
Stems of coriander from a big bunch - chopped - you can use leaves also
2 Green Chillies slit length wise
1 tsp Ginger Paste
1 tsp Garlic Paste
3 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
4 Cloves
2 Green Cardamoms
1 inch Cinnamon Stick
1 Bay Leaf
Salt to Taste
2 tbsp + 2 tbsp Oil

Method
  1. Heat 2 tbsp Oil in a pan.
  2. When hot, add the Chopped Coriander Stems and the Chillies and fry till the raw smell goes.
  3. Remove from heat, add the Ginger and Garlic pastes and blend. Add a little water if necessary.
  4. Heat the other 2 tbsp Oil in a separate pan.
  5. When hot, add the Cloves, Cardamoms, Cinnamon and Bay Leaf and for a minute taking care they don't burn.
  6. Add the ground paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
  7. Now add the Chopped Tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
  8. Add the drained Rice and mix well.
  9. Add 2 cups water, salt and cover and cook till the rice is done.
  10. Serve hot with raita / plain curd

This goes to the following events:

Kirthi's Herbs and Flowers in my Platter - Coriander leaves/Cilantro that was started by PJ of Seduce your Tastebuds.

Priya's Bookmarked Recipes Every Tuesday Volume 34 - 29th March 2011


6 comments:

  1. Coriander rice looks super delicious and inviting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks beautiful and since Ive had it before, I know it is delicious. You hav an award waiting at my space. Pls visit my blog and collect it. Sojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presentation with healthy flavors..
    first time here..lovely space you have swetha.

    Happy to follow u..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Everyone: Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.