Tuesday 5 April 2011

Alu Matar

No... I am not away. I was extremely busy last week. With the world cup matches and other things. Just didn't have the time or the energy to write anything. But today I thought its high time I posted something. So I am giving you this recipe.

I prepare Alu Matar in 2 ways. This one is the simpler one. I'll post the other one another day.

I love to prepare this dish as it has absolutely no frills attached to it and I can never get it wrong (that's the main reason).

One of the easiest dishes to make to have with chapati. Finishes by the time the chapatis are done. It goes well with rice as well.


Ingredients:
3 Medium Size Potatoes - peeled, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
1 Onion - Chopped
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/2 Cup Fresh / Frozen Peas
Salt to taste

Method
  1. Heat some oil in a pan and add the Cumin seeds.
  2. Once they start spluttering, add the Onion and fry it till brown.
  3. Now add all the dry spices and salt and fry for 2 mins (take care the spices don't burn).
  4. Add some water and put the potatoes and the peas.
  5. Cook till the potatoes are done. Adjust water as needed.
  6. Get the desired consistency and take off the stove.
  7. Serve hot with roti or rice.

7 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.