Continuing my "Fishy trials", when we went to the US in May 2010, we tasted Tilapia there – that was closer to Koramenu back home. But the problem was, I do not get Tilapia here. On my weekly trips to the Indian store, I was looking at the frozen fish section and found Frozen Tilapia fillets. Me and P were super excited.
We immediately bought a pack (of 3 fillets) and took it home. The next Sunday, I made this Fish Curry. It came out pretty well.
300 gms Fish - cut into chunks
1 Onion - Sliced finely
2 Green Chillies - slit in the middle
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
3 tbsp Chopped Tomato
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
2 tbsp Oil
1/2 cup water
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Heat Oil in a pan. When hot, add the Cumin Seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the Green Chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Onion and and fry till they turn golden brown.
- Add the Curry Leaves and fry for 2 minutes
- Add Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add the Tomatoes and let cook till the oil separates
- Add the Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin Powder, Turmeric and Salt and mix well.
- Add the Fish, mix well and cover and cook till done.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with rice.
Now I am waiting for my mom to come and make her Fish Pulusu with Tilapia. This fish is quiet chunky. So we use the River Cobbler for the fry.
This goes to Dish Name Starts with F started and hosted by Akila