Finally... A dish I "invented". My husband works on a sunday (our non-veg day) once every month. I generally make prawns then. I ran out of my frozen prawns this particular weekend when my husband was working. We definitely didn't want to go to Costco to get a bag. We decided on chicken. Since I can't cut chicken, we thought we'll make the chicken on saturday night.
We had a long day as we had to get some shopping done as well. It was almost dinner time by the time we got home. While I made dosas for V, P cut the chicken and me and V marinated it. Since we were in a hurry, I just added what ever I wanted to. Then when P was feeding V the dosas, I cut the onions and made the chicken.
To my surprise and delight, it came out pretty well. May be this is a tried and tested recipe with most of you, but to me, I "invented" it.
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts - cut into bite size pieces and washed
2 Onions - chopped finely
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
4 tsp Chopped Tomatoes
10 to 15 Curry Leaves
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
- Marinate the chicken in Ginger Garlic Paste, Green Chilli Paste, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder and Salt for atleast 20 minutes.
- Heat Oil in a pan. When hot, add the Cumin Seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the Curry Leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the Onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Now add the Tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
- Add the chicken and cook till the chicken is cooked. No need to add water as the chicken will leave water.
- Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve hot with Roti or Rice.