It just has the basic ingredients which can be found in any Indian Kitchen. The only thing that you might need to get is Methi (Fenugreek Leaves). I am sure every one has potatoes at home all the time.
I used frozen Methi which is readily available for me in the Indian Stores. You can use fresh as well. Make sure you wash it well.
2 big Potatoes – chopped into 1 inch cubes (boil if you are using fresh methi)
100 gm Frozen Methi
1 Onion – finely chopped
2 dry red chillies – tear in the middle
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Once its hot, add the red chillies and fry for 30 seconds.
- Then add the Mustard Seeds and let them pop.
- Now add the Cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onions and fry till they turn brown.
- Add the potatoes and fry for a min.
- Now add the methi, half a cup of water, red chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till the potatoes are cooked. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve with rice / roti.
This is going to Veggie / Fruit a month hosted by Divya of Dil Se. The theme this month is Potato. This event was started by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes.
Another interesting photo I have to add is the below one. I found this potato yesterday when I was making Upma. This is the first time I am coming across a different shaped potato. So I thought it might be interesting to post it.
This is also going to Complete my Thali – Subjis hosted by Padmaja of Seduce Your Tastebuds and started by Jagruti of Joy of Cooking.