This is one of those simple recipes that you can never get bored of. This recipe is from my mom (not her sister - who is my usual source of recipes). Here goes...
1/2 Kg Potatoes - cooked and cubed in desire size (I cut into 1 inch cubes)
2 tsp Split Urad Dal
2 tsp Cumin Seeds
15 to 20 Curry Leaves
3 tbsp Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
3 to 4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Heat Oil in a pan. Once its hot, add the Urad Dal.
- Once the Urad Dal starts to change colour, add the Cumin Seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the Curry Leaves, fry for 30 seconds and add the Garlic Paste.
- Keep stirring fast as the paste might burn and you definitely don't want that.
- Now add the potatoes. Mix well.
- Now add the Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric and Salt. Mix well and keep tossing till the potatoes look really dry.
- Serve hot as a side dish. This tastes excellent with any Dal, Curd or just on its own with rice / roti.
This is going to Veggie / Fruit a month hosted by Divya of Dil Se. The theme this month is Potato. This event was started by Priya of Mharo Rajasthan's Recipes.
This is also going to Complete my Thali – Subjis hosted by Padmaja of Seduce Your Tastebuds and started by Jagruti of Joy of Cooking.