Monday 14 March 2011

Simple Chicken Curry


Finally... A dish I "invented". My husband works on a sunday (our non-veg day) once every month. I generally make prawns then. I ran out of my frozen prawns this particular weekend when my husband was working. We definitely didn't want to go to Costco to get a bag. We decided on chicken. Since I can't cut chicken, we thought we'll make the chicken on saturday night.

We had a long day as we had to get some shopping done as well. It was almost dinner time by the time we got home. While I made dosas for V, P cut the chicken and me and V marinated it. Since we were in a hurry, I just added what ever I wanted to. Then when P was feeding V the dosas, I cut the onions and made the chicken.

To my surprise and delight, it came out pretty well. May be this is a tried and tested recipe with most of you, but to me, I "invented" it.


Ingredients:
4 Boneless Chicken Breasts - cut into bite size pieces and washed
2 Onions - chopped finely
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
4 tsp Chopped Tomatoes
10 to 15 Curry Leaves
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tsp Green Chilli Paste
1 tsp Chilli Powder
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish

Method
  1. Marinate the chicken in Ginger Garlic Paste, Green Chilli Paste, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder and Salt for atleast 20 minutes.
  2. Heat Oil in a pan. When hot, add the Cumin Seeds and let them crackle.
  3. Add the Curry Leaves and saute for 30 seconds.
  4. Add the Onions and saute till they turn golden brown.
  5. Now add the Tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
  6. Add the chicken and cook till the chicken is cooked. No need to add water as the chicken will leave water.
  7. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
  8. Serve hot with Roti or Rice.

3 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.