Friday 18 February 2011

Green Peas Pulao

I have been searching forever for a Green Peas Pulao that the restaurants serve you. Its extremely simple and tasty. Not too many masalas – Just right enough to be eaten on its own or with any of the side dishes.

When Jayasri announced Blogger's Marathon and chose Rak's Kitchen as the blog, I started going through her "Home Made" section. I found this Green Peas Pulao that I wanted to try out as it didn’t have 101 spices. This was THE recipe I was looking for.

It was amazing on its own and was very tasty with the Prawn Curry I that I made as a side dish. Since it was less spicy, it wasn't that difficult to feed V (who’s been saying "hot" for everything even remotely Indian now a days).

Thought I have followed Rak's recipes word for word, I am writing it down here as this quantity is just enough for the three of us.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice – washed and soaked for atleast 20 mins
1 cup Frozen Peas
1 Onion – Finely Sliced
2 Chilles – Slit length wise
1 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Bay Leaf
1 Inch Piece Cinnamon Stick
1 tsp Shah Jeera (Caraway Seeds) / Cumin Seeds
2 1/4 cup Water
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to Taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves for Garnish

Method
  1. Heat Oil in a pan. Add the Bay Leaf, Caraway Seeds and Cinnamon Stick and fry for a minute.
  2. Add the Chillies and fry for 2 minutes
  3. Add the Onions and fry till they become transparent.
  4. Add the Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
  5. Now add the Peas and mix well.
  6. Strain the rice and add it to the pan. Mix well, add the water and salt and bring to boil.
  7. Cover the pan and cook till done (approx 10 to 12 mins).
  8. Garnish with Coriander Leaves and serve.

This goes to Jayasri's Blogger's Marathon without a doubt. This also goes to Sara's Corner's Healing Foods - Ginger and Garlic. Healing Foods was started by Siri of Cooking With Siri.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for trying and sending the entry too :) pulav looks perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raks Kitchen: Thank YOU for the lovely recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.