Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year and Shan Chicken Curry Mix

Happy New Year every one... Hope you've had a wonderful 2010 and here's wishing every one an even better 2011.

My cousin had come from Australia a few days back and he wanted to make Biryani for us. As usual, I was happy to get away from the kitchen. He said he wanted Shan Masala. So we had gone to the Indian store. They were running an offer. Each Masala packet was 69p or 2 for 1 Pound. After dilly dallying, I got Shan Chicken Curry Mix.

We made it today and it was really spicy and strong. We didn't follow their instructions though. Here's how we made it.


Ingredients:
1.5 kg chicken on the bone
1 Onion sliced
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 pack Shan Chicken Curry Mix
1/2 tsp Turmeric
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
Chopped Coriander leaves for garnish

Method
  1. Wash the chicken and marinate it with the Turmeric, Shan Chicken Curry Mix and Salt for atleast 30 mins.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and when the oil is hot, fry Onions till brown.
  3. Then add the Ginger Garlic Paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
  4. Now add the marinated chicken, combine well and let it cook. If you want a thin gravy, add in water. Do remember that the chicken will leave water.
  5. When the chicken is done, remove and garnish with coriander leaves.
  6. Serve with Roti / Rice.

Do take care that the chicken mix is extremely spicy. If you do not want it spicy, you might be better off marinating the chicken with half a packet (which I might try next time).

Also, I am changing my copyright for the photos. Will update the old photos soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.