Monday 6 February 2012

Simple Prawn / Shrimp curry

Its paying off... Our perseverance to make V sit on the table and eat by himself is finally working. If he's full, he's full – that's something we have learnt. We don't force him to eat if he says he's full. All of us are getting there. I am soooooooo happy.


Coming to today's post, I have always loved prawns. Once I started cooking, I felt these are life savers when I was crunched for time or had anyone visiting all of a sudden. I always have a bag of frozen Prawns in my freezer.

Prawn Pulao is my all time saviour dish. Its a one pot dish that gets done in a jiffy and tastes amazing. Yes... I know I shouldn't be praising my own dishes but it does taste amazing for our taste buds.

The Prawn / Shrimp curry I am posting about today is very simple that can be made with the ingredients in your pantry & fridge. It also requires a minimum prep work. I make this when I couldn't be bothered to make elaborate / time consuming non-veg dish - which is quiet often.


Serves: 3 - 4

Ingredients
300 gms Frozen Cleaned Prawns / Shrimp - you can use fresh ones as well - just clean them well.
2 Onions - finely chopped
2 Tomatoes - finely chopped
2 Green Chillies - chopped
2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
20 Curry Leaves
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
1/4 tsp Garam Masala Powder
2 tbsp Oil
Salt to Taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves for garnish

Method
  1. Heat Oil in a pan. When hot, add the Cumin Seeds and let them splutter.
  2. Add Onions and Chillies and let the Onions turn light brown.
  3. Now add Ginger Garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes.
  4. Add Tomatoes, Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder and Salt and fry till it comes together.
  5. Then add Prawns, mix and cook till done.
  6. Once the Prawns are done, add Garam Masala Powder and mix.
  7. Garnish with Coriander Leaves, mix and remove from heat.
  8. Serve hot with roti / rice.

2 comments:

  1. very tempting and wonderful curry !!

    Ongoing Event - CC-Dish For Loved Ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Swetha my mom makes an almost similar recipe, she just adds potatoes...
    Shrimp is such a life saver on days when you cannot be bothered to make anything elaborate...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.