Sunday 15 January 2017

Broccoli Stir Fry for CCC


Happy New Year everyone...

I am back after yet another long hiatus. Hopefully, no more long breaks (no promises there).

I had bought this Vegetarian 100 everyday recipes in UK almost 8 years ago. Never made anything out of it then, although I had bookmarked quiet a few then itself. Infact, I had even got all the ingredients for a few recipes, but never got around to making anything out of this book.


This is a simple recipe I tried out from this book recently. V, my older one likes broccoli. My younger one, not so much. But he liked this dish. I gave this as a side dish for the Carrot Soup (which I'll blog about later).


This recipe is a typical English / Chinese recipe. But I added a bit of "Indian" touch to it by adding Onions and omitting the sugar. But I will mention the amount of sugar given in the recipe and when its supposed to be used.


Ingredients
250 gms Brocolli - cut into bite size pieces (I used the stem also)
1 medium Onion - finely chopped
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Corn Flour
1.5 tsp Caster Sugar(I didn't use)
1 tsp grated Ginger
3 Garlic Cloves - Finely Chopped
A pinch of red Chilli flakes
10 Curry Leaves
2 tbsp Oil

Method
  1. Blanch the Borcolli for 5 mins in boiling water.
  2. In a bowl, mix the Soy Sauce, Corn Flour, Caster Sugar (if using).
  3. Heat a wok and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the grated ginger and chopped garlic and stir it around for a minute.
  4. Now add the Onions and Stir Fry till they change colour.
  5. Add in the broccoli and the Soy Sauce mixture and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
  6. Remove into a bowl and sprinkle Red Chilli Flakes and serve as a side dish. Avoid Chilli Flakes for kids.

Note: There's no need to add salt as the Soy Sauce has enough salt.




This goes to Cooking from Cookbook Chanllenge - Week 2 of January


ccc


4 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.