Wednesday 11 January 2012

Chicken Pepper Curry for Blog Hop Wednesdays

For my first Blog Hop Wednesday, i was paired with Vidya of Kurry Leaves. Her blog was a difficult one - so many yummy recipes with yummier photos.


After much deliberation, I chose her Chicken Pepper Fry. It was as good as her photos. The best bit was, when P tasted it, he told me its something similar to what he used to eat when he was a kid. He didn't remember who used to make it but he was quiet happy. I am glad I chose that recipe.

I made minor changes to the recipe. I added more onions & tomatoes to get a little more gravy. I didn’t brown the onions. I just let them turn transparent. I also adjusted the pepper powder to suit our taste.

Here's my version of the recipe:


Serves: 4

Ingredients
1 Baby Chicken – cut into bite size pieces
3 Large / 5 Medium Onions – Finely Chopped
3 Tomatoes – Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1 tsp Chilli Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Meat Masala (I used Shan Meat Masala)
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 Sprig Curry Leaves
2 tbsp Oil
Salt To Taste
Chopped Coriander Leaves for Garnish

Method
  1. Heat the Oil in a pan. When hot, add the Onions and Tomatoes and fry till the Onions turn transparent.
  2. Now add the chicken and cook till almost done.
  3. Now add the Ginger Garlic Paste, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Meat Masala, Garam Masala, Pepper Powder and Salt and mix well and cook till the Chicken is done.
  4. Add the Curry Leaves and mix well.
  5. Add the Chopped Coriander Leaves, mix and serve hot with rice / roti.

This is my entry to Radhika's Blog Hop Wednesdays - Week 13


9 comments:

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.