Thursday 7 July 2011

Back… with a simple recipe

Hi guys

I got back from the US about a month back but wasn't keeping too well. So I couldn't blog.

I've had migraines forever. Recently, they've been "visiting" me everyday. That's the reason I couldn't blog. I just didn't feel like looking at the computer once I got back. As it is I have to look at the computer all day at work.

The doctor put me on treatment. I also got my eyes checked. I am a bit short sighted now. So I started to wear glasses. Hopefully that'll take care of my migraines as well.

My parents left to India almost immediately after we came back from the US. Before they left, my mother filled up my freezer with her food. So I have yummy food for quiet some time. I do make food every evening though.

I am trying to get back into my routine. So hopefully, I will be back to blogging regularly.

Enough of all this. Let me get to this recipe.

Before I went to the US, I left my herbs with my friends to take care. I told them to use the herbs as and when they need them. They used the Coriander, but the Basil and Mint were "over growing" by the time I got them back.


With the Basil over growing, I decided to trim it and make some pasta sauce.



Here's how I made this simple sauce.

Ingredients:
1 Onion finely chopped
5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
6 tbsp Chopped Tomatoes
2 tbsp Oil
Handful of Chopped Fresh Basil
Salt to Taste


Method
  1. Heat Oil in a pan.
  2. When hot, add the garlic and sauté till it starts turning brown. Take care it doesn't burn. There's nothing worse than burnt Garlic.
  3. Add the onion and saute till golden brown.
  4. Add the tomatoes and salt and cook till the tomatoes are done.
  5. Add the Chopped Basil, mix well and turn off the heat.
  6. Blend to desired consistency.
  7. Serve with any kind of pasta.

The taste of fresh basil was absolutely delicious. There's nothing to beat it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Archana. My son also liked this a lot. I might make and freeze the sauce as summer comes to an end.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comments. They mean a lot to me and will help me improve my blog.